PVC has a failure rating of 1 in 48,650 incidents, where HDPE is 1 in 10,000,000. This indicator shows that when exposed to extreme weather conditions, HDPE is proven to be more durable.
When exposed to hot or cold weather, a slow expansion can be experienced. HDPE expands 4 times more compared to PVC pipes.
For the assembly of irrigation HDPE pipes, a small crew can dig, trench, or pull depending on the landscape. Blu-lock HDPE can be installed in any weather conditions, and when using Blu-lock fittings installation time is cut in half!
PVC pipes were widely used for irrigation. However, HDPE is becoming an increasingly popular choice for irrigation systems. With Blu-lock fittings, HDPE pipes are a safe decision. In places where digging is hard or impossible, HDPE is the best choice!
• Low insertion force makes installation fast
• Works with all HDPE pipe ASTM D2239 listed SIDR 15 100 psi and SIDR 19 80 psi pipe
• All ½", ¾", and 1" fittings are releasable and reusable with the Blu-Lock® release tool or collar
• Patented design is 100% tool and solvent free
• Coil and straight length pipe options provide unrivaled flexibility
• Blu-Lock® pipe is environmentally friendly, and recyclable, HDPE pipe that provides a superior alternative to PVC
• Blu-Lock® technology will ensure lower friction loss for better water efficiency
• Built tough fittings made from UV-resistant ABS, stainless steel and EPDM seals are designed and tested to ensure toughness
• For use on the downstream side of the station valves, not rated for mainline use